Social Icons

Monday, June 21, 2010

Disconnected

There is always something nostalgic about heading back to places that you have been before when you were growing up. It shows up the timeline of one's history over the years and how these places have, in one way or another, shape one's life to who one is today

That is the general feeling I usually get when I get back to Malaysia during my leave to be with my kin and family. Such visits isn't always full of excitement and rah-rah fun all the time, as it can be interspersed with some amount of quiet and slow moments, even boredom too. Nonetheless, it is the very act of getting connected with my roots and the echoes of the past that always impressed upon me that I had came from somewhere and now with what I had undergone and experienced, to move towards a future to bring about something worthwhile and good to the world, whatever that may be

There is, however, a little side-effect from it all. It is the realisation that I don't really belong fully to this place anymore and will once again get disconnected whenever I get back to Singapore. That means letting go, of sorts, family and friends who are still around to carry on with their lives as I deal with what is in store for me in my life in the island state.

It's this strange feeling of carrying two different and unique countries in me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Fr Aloy,

This comes to my mind as I was reading your blog entry,'Amen, I say to you,there is no one who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands for my sake and for the sake of the Gospel who will not receive a hundred times more now in this present age......' Mark 10:28-31

You may have 'this strange feeling of carrying two different and unique countries in' you. When looking from another angle, you are bringing two countries together in you through sharing your life story in Singapore back home or vice versa. It's something like 'Yuanyang' where coffee is mixed with tea as a beverage which is well liked by some people. Haha...Can imagine you as a cup with the ying & yang of Singapore and your hometown inside you. (No wonder your complexion is dark. Joking!)

Ok, we are waiting for you to come back home to Singapore. Meanwhile, enjoy shaking your chopsticks (legs) there. By the way, Happy Fathers' Day!! :)

With Love,
Elena

Anonymous said...

Shalom Father Aloysius,

Allow me to wish you, in advance, a blessed 7th anniversary of your Sacerdotal Priesthood. May you have many more good years!

Martin said...

Hi Fr Aloysius, I have been reading your blog recently and find you a much practical and innovative person as well.

It reminds me of the Lord's call for us to take up the cross and follow Him. For those of us who know some of His ways and live our lifes in Jesus's way, it is indeed a revealation of God's love each new day. Many thanks for sharing with us your inner thoughts as a priest and it goes to show how human we all are! Praise the Lord, AMEN!

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits