Social Icons

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Thought

I can't sleep! Hence this rather ungodly hour of an entry. By my watch it is a little after 1.00 a.m...

Why can't I sleep? Perhaps because I have finished and feeling very relieved with getting through an oral exam earlier yesterday morning. There is this sense of accomplishment after having worried for so long about what the outcome may be and now all that has been put to rest - at least for another week or so. Perhaps it could also be this 'thought' that remained persistently in the background, one that is gnawing at the fringes of my mind, pricking my attention but not wanting to be so obvious about it. It is the thought of whether I am aware of my life experiences that are in motion now and what have I made of them.

I am certainly glad that I have overcome the first hurdle of my 2nd semester exams now in full swing. At least it helps me to be a little more positive about this mental hell every student has to go through. That I have survived my stint here in Rome for such a period already, is quite a miracle. Which brings me to my 'thought'. I haven't given it much serious thought (pardon the pun) as to what has happened in my life thus far. It has been a whirlwind of experiences since I left Singapore for Rome. Now that I am here, I still haven't sat down and reflect decently what I have been going through as a 'student-priest' (if there is such a term).

Perhaps later I may just take that time to do something about that 'thought'. For now, just let me bask in the glow of just having the satisfaction of surviving an exam experience that is equivalent to that ridiculous scene in the latest Indiana Jones movie (with the crystal skulls) where he managed to survived a nuclear blast by hiding in a lead-lined refrigerator...

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits