Social Icons

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Lenten Rat!

We begin the Lenten season once again!

I had my forehead ashed at our evening Mass today, celebrated by our recently installed (new) Rector, Fr Daniel Corijn, OMI. Seeing how far away from home ground I am, this Lenten season may really be one type of 'fast' for myself as I had to forgo much comforts and convenience which now seem to be that I have really taken for granted. Perhaps the same goes for the rest of the community who are here for the similar reason I am. For some, though, it may be a place of much opportunity since from where they came from, here in Rome is much 'better'.

Meanwhile, I am sure this is not going to stop those of you in Singapore and Malaysia from really enjoying the Chinese New Year celebration which begins even as I am writing this! It is the Year of the Rat, according to the zodiacal calendar. Usually, this is during springtime in China and here in Rome, spring is on the way (sun's getting much warmer, trees are budding)! So, enjoy the celebration of the Lunar New Year and save some oranges for me! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's me! I'm the rat! :P

Anonymous said...

so it is! hee!....

*fral*

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits