Social Icons

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Life and Freedom

I was talking to a brother priest from India about Singapore's National Day being tomorrow on the 9th August, over dinner this evening. He mentioned about India's Independence Day which is on the 15th of the same month and highlighted the speech by Nehru, the first Indian PM who mentioned the following on 1947: "At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom."

I am not usually sentimental about such celebrations, as I would end up sleeping the day off or hanging out with family and friends. But, since I am away from the Lion City awhile, I thought it be appropriate to just put this entry up. :-) Singapore has seen her fair share of pains and joys to reach where she is today, enjoying her own style of freedom and life.

So, as I write this, Singapore would be in a position to celebrate her 42th anniversary of her own independence and I would like to wish to all my friends and people back in Singapore a "Happy National Day"! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

still a singaporean at heart :)

Young Minstrel said...

Paprika..cannot lah..i watched too many of that sort alreadi..need to 'wean off' a bit

clever lah, prattle Italiano in my blog some more..lucky found the meaning in ONE of the MANY google search results ;p!

if u free, install Maple Story n play leh! looks fun leh :)

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits