Social Icons

Sunday, August 31, 2003

To Change Or Not?
Another week ends. Can't say it wasn't uneventful. With a funeral and a series of baptism (14 children, to be exact) not to mention meetings and marriage enquiries, there never was a moment of idleness.

This weekend also was my turn to preach and what I said during Mass seemed to have touch a chord with some people as I gave an item on what it means to be truly religious. Putting on a front and doing religious things isn't going to make much sense if the real picture of inner conversion and change of life of the person doesn't happen. Most of the time that's because we think we need not change at all. CS Lewis puts this nicely about this kind of people, which by the way could be any one of us: Christianity tells people to repent and promises them forgiveness. It therefore has nothing (as far as I know) to say to people who do not know they have done anything to repent of and who do not feel that they need any forgiveness.

Following that someone came up to me and told me that she felt inspired to ask me if I was interested in going for a three-day session on Psychology and Counselling of which there are sponsors already footing the bill for it. I always wanted to explore this opportunity to learn and improve my counselling skills but the timing is horrible - 12 to 14 of Sept - right in the midst of work! So if I am truly 'inspired' to attend this, it would need a miracle to happen... I'll keep my options open.

Meanwhile, I have a a week off from celebrating Masses, this coming week. I just have to choose the time to go for Mass and concelebrate instead. Can now catch up on my jogging and a game of squash, then!

Have a pleasant week ahead and wishing all peace and joy!

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits