Social Icons

Monday, May 26, 2003

Retreating to Go Forward
Finally, I get to put another entry after a long break!

Been away for one week undergoing a 5-day retreat to prepare for my ordination. Had been a very good and opportune time to take a break from work and all, to see where I am being led and what I may have missed out on. The movement of the retreat was very pleasant and peaceful that, in spite of the weather (at a sweltering 35 degrees C), I was soaking in the gentleness and harmony of what the Spirit had to show me. The Ignatian Spirituality Center where I was doing my retreat is a place that is found within the urban sprawl of Farrer Road but nicely tucked away surreptiously from the maddening traffic and noise. My room was a simple and plain bed, table and basin with a small wardrobe. In all this simplicity and plainness I had a profound time under Fr Ponnudurai who directed me in my spiritual exercises. When it was time to leave and go back into the real world, I felt a tinge of sadness as I was going to miss the serenity and gentle solitude of that atmosphere and setting.

As for the real world, well, I am getting back into the motion of things and work has to be done. But I am now able to approach all this with much calmer and realistic attitude knowing how much the good Lord is behind me in all that I am going through . The next milestone for me to look out for is my ordination to the priesthood. Someone said, jokingly, it is going to be 'a decision which I will regret for the rest of my life'. Whatever. The die is cast. The retreat has told me that it is in this that I will find my true self and destiny. It is something which I have to face up to. If life is measured in terms of successes, then I have nothing worthwhile to show. But I know where the Spirit is taking me and it is beyond any measure of success the world can offer. So, for the ordination, my heart says 'Go for it!'.

Keep me in your prayers as I will keep yours in mine.

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits