Social Icons

Sunday, June 23, 2002

The Spirit Is Moving...
I was pondering whether to put an entry today. It is a hot day and my eyes are drowsy that writing anything down now may be pointless. Can't focus well and I feel like sleeping for a week. During the 11 a.m. mass one of the altar servers fainted from the heat. There's no air-con at Holy Spirit and the last mass for the morning can be a real oven especially on a hot day like this.

Looking back at my two weeks here, I can say that my pastoral attachment has been very fruitful. Especially encouraging were the visits to the altar servers' homes and talking to their parents. Just as fruitful were the neighbourhood groups sessions. Got to meet more people from all walks of life. The outing with the catechism children for a movie and then the video arcade was a blast! For that moment I was a kid again...

In all this were the World Cup matches. That has kept the world's interest for the past 4 weeks and they have certainly been a source of animated conversations between our parishioners. South Korea is making waves with their entry into the semis. Sorry to see England making an exit at this point.

I shall be leaving Holy Spirit for a while for a short break. Tomorrow mornng I take the first available bus towards Hougang and then to Punggol after breakfast. Half the year is almost coming to an end. How fast we have moved!...

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits