Social Icons

Thursday, November 25, 2010

In Between the Rains

LeChuck's Revenge artworkImage via Wikipedia
This late afternoon is no different from all other late afternoons the days past, even as I write this - it is raining... again!

However, instead of complaining that I can't get to go outside and get some exercise done to ease off my increasing centimeters around the waist, I decided to make the most of it - indoors - and got myself acquainted with a game on my iPad. No, not Angry Birds. Not even Cut the Rope. This one got me travelling from one pirate island to another, in search of the Big Whoop that will, once and for all, rid off the baddest and biggest pirate captain of them all - Le Chuck. I play the wimpy and bumbling hero-pirate Guybrush Threepwood. With a name like that, it's no wonder he is wimpy and bumbling....

That game residing now on my iPad is a classic PC game (LucasArts) from the 80s that found new life in the iOS devices brought through the courtesy of Apple Apps Store. It is none other than Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge.

Anyway, it is still raining and the seminary now is deathly quiet (more deathly than the Hallows) and that is only because there is no manual labour for the rest of the week. It is exam period and the final years have just started their phase one of their Baccalaureate exam yesterday with the written one that lasted 5 glorious hours. Next Wednesday would be their final phase where they will have an oral exam to traumatise them till they will sweat blood. I know all this because I have gone through all that before - and survived... barely!

Such is the state of things and scene today in the seminary. I have no more classes to teach but have to plan out the coming priests' Advent reconciliation service and lunch get-together for the 22 December date. That's all being the chairman of the Priestly Life Commission.

In the meantime, I think I shall return to Monkey Island as I have some work to do over at Booty Island...

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Laurieee said...

Oh dear... 5 hours of exam for the seminarians... and more to come?? hmm... fr aloy, will you be the marker? If so, I appeal you to be lenient... we NEED MORE PRIESTS... pls don't fail them , that one may be St John Vianney in the making.heehee.

Enjoy yourself with your "i-pal". =)

Unknown said...

@laurieee: I am not involved in any way for this exam, thankfully!

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits