Social Icons

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Post Christmas Sale (of sorts)

It's been 5 days already since we crossed into the new year of 2006! Since then, there have been much gatherings and well wishing all round with relatives, parishioners and friends. Soon, the twelve days of Christmas ends and the Christmas decor will come down and the tree taken away.

That means my cards on the desk and the S$30.00 Ikea quick fix Christmas tree will go soon...

Meanwhile, as I encouraged people to look towards the new year with a better perspective in terms of their faith life and practical living that do not divide self from God, I just couldn't help wondering how difficult it is also to truly live that out effectively. We are all conditioned by many factors of life that can make or break us. When we come out of all that, parts of ourselves may have been scarred or left unscathed. Whatever the situation, we were never the same the year before.

Something MUST then be different in me this year, especially this afternoon, when a salesman came by my office and plied his Mary Chia slimming products before me. I told him I wasn't interested but being the persistent person that he was, he said that I could give this a present for my wife.... I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or wail. In the end I controlled myself and explained to him the current state of my life, where the place he is plying his product and why I am totally unable to accept his invitation to slimming heaven.

The funnier thing was that all my other confreres were in their respective offices and that sales person had to come to mine first! Why me, you may ask? I don't have a slightest clue to this. I don't even have a sign that says "Potential Slimming Customer Here"!! As a matter of fact, I think if I slim any further, I shall disappear from the face of this earth!

Be that as it may, 2006 is upon us. For better or worse, we have another year to make the best of it and the challenge remains to be the best that we can be.

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. (Ps 99: 5)

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits