Social Icons

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Aaargh And Cold!

I sit here now in a rather cold office with the rain pouring down outside.

There is suppose to be several interview sessions between myself and some new catechists who are now being orientated into the ministry. This was to begin at 3.00 p.m. It is now 3.30 p.m. I haven't seen anyone yet! Meanwhile the rain continues to pour outside. Earlier two ladies came over to seek help for some praying over for a patient in Changi Hospital. I had to refer them to someone else as I had the current interviews to do. I also asked the two ladies to call me again tomorrow morning if they still need me to go over as I can give the anointing then. They agreed to this and will call if necessary. Now I am sitting pretty here with time to spare till my time calls me for celebrating Mass at 6.15 p.m. I don't know if any of the catechists are ever coming in this storm....

Time now is there for me to ponder on how and what I am to present for tonight's RCIA session on the topic of Advent. Only a few days away when we begin a new liturgical year. Some 4 weeks or so to Christmas. However, right now it is everything BUT! My Advent wreath and the purple and pink candles are all ready for the occasion. But for now, my mood at the moment is far from the four virtues which those candles represent: hope, peace, joy and love. With the amount of demands and people that have been calling and coming into the office lately, I can get pretty frustrated by the end of the day.

Still, it wasn't as if these are all unknown to me. I knew what can entail in the ministry. Many a times it was like biting my tongue, grinning and bearing it all. I have this great urge to simply hit at something or someone! So, now I can only be thankful to get some respite - even if unintentionally - from work and pray that I continue to remain sober, understanding and caring till the day ends (for better or for worse).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there padre.. you'll be rewarded by tons of X'mas pressies soon! ~winks~

Anonymous said...

Juz make sure there isn't any bombs inside! ~winks~

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits