Social Icons

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The first, the first!

“True. I am living, here and now, this mortal life; but my real life is the faith I have in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Gal 2: 20). So expresses Paul on his bond with his Master and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

He was that close and in one heart and mind with the Lord that he was able to see how his life was one that was in tune completely with Jesus despite the fact that Paul never had any physical contact or personally met with Jesus.

On this feast of Sts Peter and Paul, I have the privilege to celebrate my 1st anniversary of my priesthood. This day last year I took the step to become, as Merton would say, the sign of Jonas, taking the step into the life of a priest. It is the all important step to follow in the footsteps of the dying and rising Christ, opening myself to whatever that can be experienced in the continual work of Kingdom building.

I managed to 'stay in office' for 366 days, 3 times more days than any US president! Since then the honeymoon days have long since gone and the bittersweet smell of life in the ministry has begun to exact its payment. Still the challenge to remain faithful and relevant to this vocation is too tempting to put aside. To neglect this point would be a recipe for mediocrity and the eventual loss for the zest of life and what God has to offer.

Looking ahead, I see myself needing to be more wiser and patience to the cry of the people whom I am ministering to. Meanwhile, to all those well-wishers and friends thank you for putting up with me and for continuing this fantastic voyage together with nothing more than with this 'wild idea' that all things will come to its good for those who trust in the Lord.

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits