Social Icons

Saturday, January 25, 2003

At The Nexus of Life On a Saturday Afternoon
I am moving towards a life that speaks of challenges and suffering, community and fellowship, responsibility and stewardship, the cross and salvation in a more pastoral and Christ-like manner than any occupation known in the industry. And that is also becaouse this life is no 'occupation ' that one would easily grasp in one sitting. It is a lifetime of unfolding encounters and experiences which would have the capabilities to change a person. For better or for worse, well...that depends on the individual.

Soon I will be in the ranks of the clergy, facing the type of life they are going through. But my feelings this day is not of fear or pessimism but an informed and peaceful acceptance of what is to come. The task ahead is certainly daunting and already I have much to do with the RCIA and the Youths here of Holy Family. What makes my vocation exciting is the very possibility of making a difference in people's life in a very concrete and practical way.

I came this far not to back down and run away from all this but to sincerely develop and grow in my faith in a more personal manner that my calling promises. The call of Christ's 'Come and see' has now become 'Go out to the whole world, preach the Good News...' It is the Good News that I want to make visible for all to encounter. It is also the Good News that will judge me whether I have worthily carry out the responsibility of bringing God's peace and joy to all.

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits