Social Icons

Wednesday, September 26, 2001

My Deposition
The mid-term break has ended. Back to hitting the books and following the seminary timetable....

Memorial Mass for Fr Roderick this morning. Students and some lecturers including the seminary staff and of course the seminarians attended. Stanley, my classnmate did the eulogy after the Thanksgiving hymn. We bid Fr Rod farewell and that his efforts to instill a sense of Church in his students may continue to inspire us to build communities that reaches out to all and bring all into a family under the banner of Christ.

There wasn't any lessons for me today as classes under Fr Rod's have been put on hold. The rest of the day was rather uneventful but did had a reflective moment with my friends (married couple) as I tried to help them explore some moral issues about the Church's stand on reproductive technologies. My prayers go to them as they need to come to some decision about their future. Hopefully some resolution can be found.

Meanwhile I'm trying to keep my head above water in the midst of all the trails around me. Don't know why but I bought a book (shortlisted for the Booker Prize) that tells a tale of an Irish priest who was struggling to keep his dwindling parish from falling apart due to deaths, harsh conditions, poverty, etc... Something to learn from here? Well, the 'Deposition of Fr McGreevey' is still a worthy read. A page turner, too.

I'm no pessimist, just trying to be a realist!

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits