Social Icons

Saturday, June 29, 2013

It's 10 Now!

It was 10 years ago when I said yes to my life as a priest after the heart of Christ.

Looking back at all that have transpired so far and the journey that led me to where I am now, I can only remain utterly grateful for this vocation that continues to allow me to unfold my potential as God's instrument to give his presence in the world today.

Certainly, there have been many hits and misses and I continue to learn from my mistakes and mishaps, where I continue onwards to carry out my mission as a minister of God, especially as pastor and mediator. Life as priest in the present times has been very challenging and theer will be no end to what I can already feel, which many times can be between a rock and a hard place. It can always come down to a situation that one can just give up and walk away from it all.

But the current Pope has been very enlightening as well as encouraging to all the priests, who listen to him, in helping us to refocus on what the real priorities are and why we matter in the Church and in world today, despite the difficulties we face. This also is the main call that is for all Christians.

That my ordination falls on the feast of the two great apostles, Peter and Paul, is no coincidence and at the same time a great challenge for me to carry all the time. I know I can never match up to these two great pillars of the Church and yet, the invitation from Christ still offers the power to, at least, help in engaging in their fervour and life where the Good News continues to be given into the world.

Would I reach another 10 years down the road? I would be happy just to see the next year!

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits