Social Icons

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Time Slice of Punggol

Tangled...Image by Annoysius via Flickr
The new template somehow didn't work and stayed on and now we have this original one back in place. I, myself, wasn't too confident with that new look, so I wasn't all that disturbed that I got back the previous layout. 

I am now about a year or so (I have passed 1 year, 3 weeks and 6 days) since I came in the Seminary. Much have taken place since then but the work and responsibilities involved has not necessarily lessen. However, the peaceful and serene environment and the setting here has been consoling enough to allow me to be able to look and be open to the other side of Singapore which ordinarily you don't get to encounter.

It is the rustic and laid-back feeling in a place that was once littered with pig, chicken and vegetable farms complete with jungle and other deep undergrowth that we call Ponggol. Today, that whole landscape has changed and offers a more modern perspective that still is a little understated in its transformation - parts of the undergrowth and some jungle remain.

I have had several opportunities to use and put to good action my iPhone camera and took quite a number of picture bites of the surrounding area which also just saw some 'upgrading' with the Punggol Waterway and the soon-to-be-open Punggol Promenade at Punggol End. The Waterway has been dubbed as the 'Venice of Punggol'.

This part of Singapore which I am now residing, is a far cry from the setting which I was accustomed to during my previous stints at the parishes when I had to face concrete buildings, roads, vehicles and, literally, thousands of people.

Now, I just take care of 17 and watch out for mosquitoes, monkeys and squirrels (some friends swore that these are 'ninja' squirrels - be warned!).

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits