Social Icons

Friday, July 24, 2009

Last Night - Give and Take

I took this photo at a Cha chaan teng in :en:H...Image via Wikipedia

Last night in Kajang...

Went for supper with my parents, my sister, her husband and and her two kids over at a HK Cafe type eatery in Kajang town. Took in a bit of the night life around the place and downed a 'Yin Yong' HK style drink which is another fancy name for a beverage mixture of tea and coffee.

Since being here at my parent's place, besides managing to enjoy the flavours of home, I have also had the chance to catch up on several movies which I have missed during my sojourn in Rome: The Andromeda Strain, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (ya, still having a bit of a child in me!), Alvin and the Chipmunks (I can't resist this funny Christmas piece), Death Race, Babylon A.D. and City of Ember, among other distractions.

While being here in this part of Malaysia, I have come to a conclusion that there is some kind of law that takes place under our noses where we don't pay much attention to. I call this the law of give-and-take.

I always feel that coming back to Malaysia sort of takes one into a jerky sort of a ride and atmosphere, where things don't usually run in an orderly fashion one is usually used to, say in Singapore. Which brings me to Singapore. It is too orderly and its ride is more of a smooth and logical manner. And I haven't even gone into the pace of work yet. Still, one doesn't necessary trumped the other. They both have their pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses. While being jerky can grate at your nerves, it also puts you up on alert for anything that may go wrong and you would be prepared for it, sort of. The smooth way tends to make you too complacent and you may forget what you are here for. In order to take those two in without going crazy come the law I mentioned earlier. Without giving and taking between the two, you will end up being all hot under the collar over nothing and stressing yourself out.

It's not a perfect law and can fall apart under more closer scrutiny. But, hey, perhaps it is only me.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcoming back Father.. yup law is the law..give and take.. it takes two to do it

Unknown said...

You seemed to enjoy observing not only the skies but also the traffic. Anyway, your Yin Yong reminds me of 'te cinese'.

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits