Social Icons

Monday, November 10, 2008

44

It has been three days since I turned 44 and it became apparent to me that the number of my age is seen as something of a 'bad luck' in the tradition of Chinese superstition. Rendered in the Cantonese dialect, it literally means 'die, die'!

For me, however, because I never really bothered with such irrational fear of the unknown, there is only one way I see those numbers speak at this day and time that I am currently studying in Rome: die, die I must get back to Singapore by June 2009!

Over here are listing of some significance of the number 44. None about the Chinese superstition, though. Come to think of it, the president-elect, Barack Obama, is going to be the 44th President of the United States! Now, there's a lot of fodder you can cough up to use for another round of conspiracy theories...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, Spain won the European Championship after 44 years!! And I also have a '4' in my age? LOL.

Gotta love the calendar on the left! :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings Fr Along, please get in touch.
God bless, Jean

Anonymous said...

Ah, we are one week late. But Happy belated birthday Fr!! Yes, you must be back soon!

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits