Social Icons

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

On Leave V: All Souls in Puchong

While writing this on All Souls Day, I remember all those who have gone before me and now are free from the bonds of sins and all limitations that I face here and now, in time and space.

Concerning my visit to Segamat, my childhood sojourn when I was initiated to my first walking steps of the faith, not only did I reacquaint myself back with my earlier roots through my relatives and old friends; which also includes my immediate nephews and nieces, but also brought around the feeling of fulfilling a purpose that came full circle. As a young boy, I was a frequent Mass-goer at the parish there (St Philip) and also served as an altar boy during the Christmas masses. Now I am back there as a priest and serving the people...

While there I celebrated Mass at the parish and coincidentally, it was also the first Holy Communion for 8 children. It was during the Sunset Mass where this celebration too place. The parish priest there, Fr Deva, gave me the privilege to be the main celebrant and also the homilist. The morning Mass with the Chinese community, where I was the concelebrant, allowed me to catch some familiar faces whom I knew since my childhood days. All in all, it was a walk down memory lane and a jolly good time well spent there!

Back here in Puchong, it has been raining daily and only this morning, we have a short respite from the rain. Made a visit to the Bkt Jalil Park nearby yesterday, where the sports stadium is. Went with Alan, my brother and his son, Zachary, for a roam around the park that had several ponds and a mini international garden. It comprised of garden settings from various parts of the world: Iran, Malaysia, Canada, Peru, Holland, etc.

My two weeks leave has been rather eclectic, so far!

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits