Social Icons

Sunday, June 20, 2004

... stage left

Exit.

That's the sign which I always see whenever I look up at the congregation during the Lord's Prayer. The posture I take during the this part of the Mass is a sign of request as I being the main celebrant take up all the petitions and needs of the people and give it all up to God.

Every time I see that I can't help but feel some sense of surrender to all the difficulties and obstacles that life throws at me in my ministry to bringing about sense of God's kingdom to the people who still may not be appreciative enough for the very faith that they claim to possess. Whatever I do it is usually that of "Be damned if you do, be damned if you don't!"

In view of such situation I have long given up in trying to justify my actions to those who don't seem to understand, or want to, just what the ministry of walking the way of Christ is all about in the context of this millenium. I just do what's to be done and to heck with the remarks. Sticks and stones, sticks and stones....

Of course, all that I do must be done in the context of the Christian faith and revelation and not based on my own self-interest. Sometimes the way it goes even this can be a point of contention - which is truly the real one and which is my own self interest? *sigh*, damn if you do, damn if you don't...

By the way Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits