Social Icons

Wednesday, August 14, 2002

To Be Holy?
Today's the day of my assessment and I'm still figuring how to present my points on what to make out of years of my formation in this seminary. There're so many areas of discussion and points of reflection for each of the 4 levels of formation that I don't know where to begin. There's human, spiritual. intellectual and finally the pastoral. Generally I'm reasonably fine with all those aspects. However when we begin to talk about the finer aspects of each of them, that's when it gets a little challenging. So, I guess I'll just stay calm and collect about all these and say what I have to say and let the Holy Spirit do the rest of the work...

Strangely enough, I was invited to give a talk to the university students (NUS) on Jesus Christ: The Way to Holiness on Monday evening. Managed to give them something to think about inspite of the limited time to prepare the topic. Was only told about this on Sunday afternoon. In retrospect, I can't help but see some indication of relevance to my own terms of living within my vocation to the priesthood and tonight's assessment. In so much as I presented what holiness meant and how one concretely expresses this out in one's life (in their case, as undergrads), I am also telling myself how I should be moving in mind. Perhaps in all this, a needed reminder and affirmation for all that I have been through. Also a note of thanks to Francis Mooney for linking my blog and his words of encouragement for my assessment.

Looking from my posting lately, I've been rather irregular in blogging my pages. It has been rather tedious this current weeks in putting my thoughts onto the Net as I was bog down by other pastoral activities. 'Tis the taste of what parish life can do to a priest in real time now...Well, I've survived to face another day and continue to give thanks for the experiences and insights encountered. But, man, is it tiring! Speaking of tiring, I guess I can't complaint if I have to recall today's feast day of this saint.

Till the next one, wishing peace and joy to one and all!

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits