Social Icons

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tour Guide

I have been busy the past week because I had to play tour guide to some friends from Singapore who made a week's stop in Rome.
Needless to say, I had quite a time with them taking them around to see the sights and sounds of this so-called Eternal City. We did lots of walking around the area within the vicinity of the Convitto where I am staying (till this coming Saturday, 27 Sept) and where they were also putting up. So, it was the Trevi Fountains, Spanish Steps, Colosseum, Roman Forum, Basilica of St Peter of the Chains and Circus Maximus (where the chariot races used to be held).

I also brought them to the Vatican to catch the St Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Museum. Along the way, there were pizzas, gelato and the crazy people of Rome which they slowly came to get used to. We had also opportune time to get ourselves into a Chinese restaurant (Grand Dragon) to savour their authentic Hong Kong cuisine! Frs Julian and Michael also helped and did their part to bring our visitors around that made the occasion and the company much more enjoyable and exotic. Imagine speaking and joking (making fun of the Italians, mostly) English, Mandarin and Cantonese in the midst of the Italians all around us... :-D

The visitors have since left for Florence (aka Firenze) to continue their rest of the trip while, now, I remain in the Convitto to rest and catch my breath from all that walking about the past week!

Soon, I will start my new academic year within a few weeks from now. That makes it closer to the time where I shall complete my tour of duty here and then head back - for good! :-) For now, I am just going to enjoy the rest of my remaining hols and just relak! ;-)

(pic above: from left - Christine, Pauline and Desiree. a big thank-you to all who have given me goodies and such which our friends from singapore brought to me!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Fr,

Had no idea they came down to visit u.. I have been too busy with my brother's visit to Singapore and had been bringing him to different churches that I dont go to HFC regularly..

How nice to have guest from our home land... I can understand the fun u must have had and how tired u must have felt after all the host role finished..

Well, hope one day I can be there as ur guest too ;-)

Unknown said...

you have before june of 2009 to do that then! :-D

Daphne Pakiam said...

MUMMY! SIS! CHRISTINE! HELLO FROM THE US of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Oh, they left already. Hahaha. =D

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits