Social Icons

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Deep Joy

The day is a little cloudy with the rain setting in at the earlier part of the day. After my retreat with the Catechists, I found myself once again celebrating life that contrasted each other, coming from different spectrum signifying life and death.

With Monday's celebration of new creation/life of a wedding for a young couple followed by the celebration of eternal life for a deceased this morning, it is no small jump of emotions and outlook. One looks at the immediate future and what promises it holds for being, love and relationships. The other reminds us of the transitory nature of life itself - that all will end one day, but that with hope we look towards the resurrection calls us to our ultimate life in God.

This then gives us an opportunity to look within ourselves to discover this joy deep within us that says "God is with us". That is the present sentiment that I have been feeeling these weeks. In fact, it has been such since my return from the pilgrimage. All the sights and places that we explored and even prayed at, told me that despite their 'showy' and sometimes 'touristy' offerings, their grand appearance and history that spoke volumes for their current existence point to the very awesomeness and greatness of God that continues his work today in and through others - either persons, experiences, objects and/or history.

This knowing and experiencing deeply the joy that pulsates within myself has opened my eyes and mind to the need to amend, renew, relook and readjust my priorities and attitudes. It hasn't been easy and failures abound. Still I trust that my effort, though puny now, can slowly be fan into a bigger flame that brings the goodness of Christ to others. Time is all I have, no matter how little that may turn out to be...
(pics from Fatima)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Still I trust that my effort, though puny now, can slowly be fan into a bigger flame that brings the goodness of Christ to others."

AMEN to that Padre !!! =D

With prayers...

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits