Social Icons

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Lent Me Your Ears!
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust....

Lent came upon us and I drew crosses on my parishioners' forehead with last year's palm leaves ashes. It is always a solemn act to do as it immediately puts across to me that I am NOT an immortal, and I can do nothing to escape that inevitable fact!

It also puts into perspective that it is too tiresome to get angry for too long with anyone or anything because life is too short and there are other more fun and nice wholesome things to do besides moping around thinking every one is at fault or that the whole world owes us a living. If I begin to think that I have the final say, the ash on my forehead will quickly put me in my place. All is vanity...

The three great acts of Lenten observances (prayer, almsgiving and fasting) are still great starting points for us all to remind ourselves that we live not to serve our own private individual needs. It is always the 'Other' that we should be always on the lookout for. So what are you waiting for? There's whole lot of people out there needing our presence to share with...

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits