Social Icons

Monday, September 18, 2006

Finally, Celestron!



My telescope has finally arrived this afternoon, courtesy of Joo Beng from astrobargains who helped shipped the item from the States!

It is a beauty of a scope! We spend during the hour between 4.00 and 5.00 p.m. setting up the system and for me to familiarise with the settings and make-up of the C80ED-RGT. ;-) After more than a month of looking at the picture of it and having a mental idea of what it could be, it is now right in front of me and in the details as it had claimed.

The tripod is sturdy that is able to take its weight more than what telescope is and the mount is computerized that will help with the 'going to' of picking out the stars, constellations, etc in the night sky without me hunting manually for them. Cool, eh? ;-)

I also got a CCD Imaging camera and software to do some astrophotography later!

Now, all are sitting pretty in my office as I slowly get acquainted with the telescope system and what it can potentially offer in opening up the vastness of the night sky and the universe beyond it! :-) Anyway, I have decided to take the scope for a manual spin later just to pick out the stars in the night, as the sky is now kind enough to allow such star gazing despite the intermittent clouds that are scurrying along the sky tonight.

Who knows what I will catch through the eyepiece as I scan the heavens that shrouds the secrets of the universe that now seem very incomprehensible to me... :-D

2 comments:

Jigsawsg said...

Wow what a monstor of a telescope! Glad you finally got it. Now you can see all the stars the local nightskies will let you.

Twinkle twinkle little star,
Can you see Along in view!
It's his brand new telescope, Which he got just yesterday
Twinkle twinkle little star,
How he wonders what you are!

ChrisYeo said...

Hi Fr Aloysius,

My name is Chris. I'm a blogger myself and an avid amateur astronomer. What a coincidence when I chanced back upon your blog after a long while to see that you are a proud owner of a new telescope!

I know Joo Beng and am part of the local astronomical scene here. Honestly, if you'd like to know more about astronomy, I think I'd be happy to share. Just let me know. It'll be fun to go stargazing with a priest!

God bless,
chrisyeojs -at- gmail -d0t- com

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits